We held our annual Awards Banquet at Borio’s on Friday, November 20. The event was very well attended as we handed out some cash to the top point earners in our National Parts Peddler E.T. Racing Series, as well as some very impressive trophies and plaques. Here is a brief recap of the evening:
In the Special Awards categories the winners were as follows:
Jr. Dragster Awards
Rookie of the Year: Ryan Pedersen
Jr. Bracket Racer: Michael Reynolds
Best Appearing: Shannon Harrison
In the full size race vehicle categories the special awards went to:
Most Improved: Theodore Lewis
Rookie of the Year: Jason Longley
Best Appearing: Cory Bingel
Sportsmanship: Gene Stankivitz
Special Service: Rick Buckley
Best Engineered: Dennis Boston
Champions were crowned for the 2009 National Parts Peddler Points Series and the winners were:
• Super Pro was won by Scott Forbes won for the second straight year with Chuck Fish second and James Smith Jr. third.
• Pro was won by Rob Forbes with Howard Roberts second and Mike LaRose third.
• David Ashby won the Pro Bike class with Skip Tamburino second and Keith Miller third.
• Ron Smith won the Pro Sled class to go along with his King of the Track crown,Kevin Wuest was second and Dan Eddy Jr. finished third.
• Anthony Zangari dominated the Street Money class and took home the first place honors, Theodore Lewis was second and Todd Minerd was third.
• Herb Bingel III won his second straight Bike/Sled Combo season title with Kevin Wuest second and Sudsy Eastman third.
• Fausto Rioscolon won the Modified title with Don Austin finishing second and Tim Aceto scoring third.
• Dick Aversa backed up last years Street Trophy crown winning this year by one point over second place finisher Wade Willat, with Todd Minerd his second third place finish on the season.
The Jr. Dragster racers were given savings bonds donated by Mabel and Duke Risley and Mary and Rolland Schmidt.
• In Jr. Dragster “A” Michael Reynolds dominated and scored his first season title, Ryan Pedersen was second and Nicole Woodcock was third.
• Jake Lipke took his second Jr. Dragster “B” season title, last year’s champ Joshua Snyder was second with Dunham Hall and Jacob Snyder were tied for third.
Also in the “Clutch Performers” category which was sponsored by Extreme Exposures and The Zangari Law Offices the winners were Kevin Wuest, Michael Reynolds and Jake Lipke.
We also gave tribute to the 2009 ESTA Bracket Finals team for finishing in 3rd place overall, our highest finish ever. We also had two winners as well as a runner up at Maple Grove. Matt Bunal won the High School class, Jason Longley won the Bike/Sled class and past champ, Mike LaRose was the runner up in Pro. Frank Barbagallo went five rounds in Super. These racers were all presented special jackets that were donated by Seaboard Graphics. We also showed our appreciation to Anna White for all of her help this year by giving her bag of gifts and a gift card.
Thanks to everyone that attended, participated and helped out this year. We hope to see everyone again in 2010 for another exciting season and help us to celebrate our 50th season.